Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hypocrisy at it's finest!

So, as I was writing my last post about sticking to my guns in the face of fitness and nutritional values polar opposite of mine, I was sipping, or rather, guzzling, an energy drink. One that I have had several times before. Because I had had them several times before I had inadvertently, mindlessly really, put it into the "ok to consume" pile. Just prior to taking the last guzzle I happened to look at the label and realized, to my HORROR, that GLUCOSE was the main ingredient.

I, the person trying to cut sugar from my diet (more on that later) was drinking pure sugar. I won't even touch on the chemicals.

I will not go into the details of the shame and embarrassment I experienced, but I WILL point out the silver-lining. My boyfriend, bless his amazing heart, mentioned that he KNEW it was one of the beverages with sugar in it but did not want to mention it to me out of fear that he would offend me or sound condescending. This led to a discussion about how we are all in this together, as in, I NEED his support, and of course I want him to call me out on my choices if it appears to be in opposition to the way of life I am aiming for.

So, every mistake, however stupid and ridiculous, can lead to a postive. In this case: my boyfriend and I strengthened our communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment